In 1882 the Lehigh
& Hudson built north from Belvidere to Andover and stopped due to
a sink hole by Lake Iliff. They built a connecting track facing towards
Newton to facilitate a run-through agreement from Franklin to Andover
Junction. This junction existed for an unknown amount of time, but the
connecting track we know of was not built until 1905 when the D. L.
& W. and L&HR entered into an agreement to compete with other