72.3 (DL&W), 24.1 (SRR), JC-59 (NYSW)
The Franklin Station
was a one and 1/2 story wood station. While it was served also by the
NYSW, it was constructed and maintained by the Sussex Railroad and later
Early on there
was a turntable near the station which may have been abandoned when
the Lehigh & Hudson River bought the South Vernon Branch to McAfee.
There were also
track scales for minerals mined at Franklin. Until 1881 the Sussex Railroad
had trackage rights over the New Jersey Midland R.R. from Franklin to
Hamburg, (2.4 miles.) The stretch of ex-Lehigh & Hudson track (now
Susquehanna) from Hamburg to McAfee is original Sussex Railroad Right
of Way and still sees train traffic (occasionally.)
The Franklin branch
(Warbasse to Franklin) was abandoned in June/July 1934. The station
burned down January 1, 1958.