a Broken Link]
Netcong, New Jersey
Telegraph call: HO
In 1901-1902 the Lackawanna railroad constructed an
eastward facing connection (the Stanhope Cut-Off) with the Sussex Railroad.
This cut-off included a drawbridge
over the Morris canal. The new connection allowed passengers to ride
directly to Hoboken without change of trains at Waterloo.
Netcong was called South Stanhope until being incorporated in 1894.
The new brick station opened June 14, 1903 and sported
a new sign reading 'Netcong/Stanhope'.
Nearby industries: (1918): Stanhope furnace, U.S. Mineral
Wool, (1933): Coal, Lumber, Feed, Ice. (1955) Netcong Coal & Lumber,